Pages

Friday, November 18, 2005

I hate you FOX!

But mostly I just hate the American audience. They have cancelled Arrested Development and it's all your fault. Actually, they haven't even done the right thing and officially cancelled it. Just not ordered the "back end" 9 episodes that would make up the second half of the season. That's like not breaking up with a girl, but also not sleeping with her so that when you do break it off you can assuage your guilt.

I'm not saying that all of America had to watch 'Arrested Development'. That would be unreasonable. However, here is a list of un-funny, unoriginal or just plain crappy shows that America has watched enough to keep on the air:

  • According to Jim
  • My Wife and Kids
  • That 70s Show
  • America's Funniest Home Videos
  • Dancing with the Stars
  • Freddie
  • Hope & Faith
  • Rodney
  • George Lopez
  • Hot Properties
  • Crossing Jordan
  • Medium
  • The West Wing
  • E-ring
  • Criminal Minds
  • Ghost Whisperer
  • King of Queens
  • NCIS
  • Still Standing
  • Yes, Dear
  • Two and a half men
  • Malcolm in the Middle
  • Bones

And that's just with the four major networks. That doesn't include WB or UPN. So why can these shows survive only to have good, Emmy-winning shows taken off the air? From now on, I will only watch Fox for Family Guy and the last of Arrested Development. Until 24 comes back on and then it's only Family Guy and 24. But that's it.


On another note, I went to Comcast today to pick up some needed lengths of Coax cable. The customer service rep on the phone said they would provide some free of charge. So I went down there and didn't have a line and was told that I could only receive one of the 6 lengths that I needed for free and that the other lengths would cost 20 cents per foot. Not bad so I decided, FINE, I'll go ahead and pay the $3.60 for the rest. She told me I had to order it and then she said she'd see if they had it in the back. Excuse, aren't you a CABLE company? Would it be too much to ask that you have cable?

She brought it out and I handed her my credit card. She gave me a blank look as I stood at the window next to a giant sign announcing that they took Visa and Mastercard. "we only take cash for cable, " she said.

"Fine," I said. "I'll go find and ATM and be right back."

Twenty minutes later and out a $2 ATM fee, I returned with cash to find a very full lobby and had to wait 10 minutes in line to get up to a different customer service rep. I told the rep that the other lady had the cable and she said "Well, she put it back because she didn't think you were really coming back." So the new lady went and got me my cable and with cash in hand, she looked at me and said "Don't worry about it. We usually just give it to customers for free."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I don't watch ONE of those shows. But the sad thing is that the American publc does Which is why a) We're hated by the rest of the world b) We haven't contributed a thing to art, music or philosophy (okay, other than jazz) c) We vote people into office who are as good as we are at creating fake problems (gay marriage) to cover up the real ones (We're destroying our way of life with pollution and our country is torturing people in the name of patriotism).
Heaven forbid there be a show created that actually taught us something or compelled us to do something with our lives. This coming from the girl who watches Las Vegas.... but only b/c of Josh Duhmel... really.

Hoosier Chick said...

I agree that AD might have jumped the shark a little with the Charlize Theron storyline. I think they were trying to pander for ratings.

However, isn't it a joke in itself that AD "jumped the shark" when the show that spawned that saying (Happy Days) has TWO people involved in it (Ron Howard and Henry Winkler)?

I only didn't include Las Vegas in the list because I knew Presh watches it. But really it's crap too.

I want to write a sitcom with a dumb, but lovable husband, a smart and hot wife, a couple of dumb and annoying neighbors/in-laws. HOw about that?

it's too easy. Like the boy band song Swampette and I created using only cliches about love.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i'm the Kevin Bacon of Blogger, but it only takes me two degrees for me to blame shit on GW.
I think S-ette's a bit of a two trick pony- every blog comment includes a sarcastic comment about me or Ashely. Or on good days, both. Today's one of those days!

Hoosier Chick said...

And I can't be blamed. Even though I liked Party of Five, I ALWAYS hated Jennifer Hewitt. Especially when she thought she was Audrey Hepburn just because she played her in a movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...