Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things that Don't Get Easier The More You Do Them

Some days deserve a French Fry
happy ending.
There's a big myth that I used to subscribe to that things get easier the more you do them. The older I've gotten the more I realize that this blanket statement relates to a LOT of things in life, but certainly not everything. So I started thinking. . .what are things that don't get easier the more you do them:

  • Doctors appointments
  • Bikini waxes
  • Writing a novel
  • Colts and/or Hoosiers losses (particularly in the playoffs, Super Bowl or NCAA tournament)
  • Bathing cats
  • Pitching stories to journalists that your client/co-worker/sponsor expects to see place and you know you don't have a shot in hell (clearly, that's PR specific)
  • Exercise--yes, technically it exerts you less the more you do it, but it's still hard to want to do it. AND if you skip a few days, it's almost like starting back at square one, which doesn't seem fair.
  • Diets-duh
  • Calculus- this could just be me, but I despite my B, I never did get Calculus. 
  • Watching bad stand-up comedy--particularly in person
What would you add to the list?

** Despite the fact that I'm not advertising McDonald's, I am required to mention that I work with the brand. They are a client. (Yes, I'm very lucky). I will also testify, which MANY people can back up, that my love of the McDonald's french fry goes back longer than my current job. Because they rock my socks off. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...