Pages

Monday, April 18, 2005

Perforating, spraying, stripping

Chef and I actually went out and did stuff this weekend. It was one of those weekends where you don't really have much planned, but you end up tripping into stuff that needs to be done. Like those times you run into Best Buy or Circuit City or CompUSA with the intent to buy a part or adapter and you end up dropping way more money.

That was yesterday. Trying to set up the TiVo at Chef's place, which will soon be Chef's and my place, we discovered a need for an Ethernet to USB adapter. Of course, when going to buy one, we discovered that a wireless network was on SUPER sale and were soon sucked into the world of being technologically advanced. Mind you that up until now, I've been working with dial-up Internet and that I only got cable a little over a year ago, but whatever. Anyway, now we're hooked up and Tito the TiVo is running nicely.

However, in a back alley handshake deal, the TiVo only came over in exchange for some minor renovations. You see, Chef's apartment is spacious, well-lit, in a FABULOUS location and a great deal BUT there's a little matter of some wallpaper. The outer bathroom area was slathered in full-on pink tulips circa 1987. The kitchen is navy, metallic stripe-tastic. So with a "I'm not going to get my deposit back anyway" attitude, Chef gave me permission to strip the wallpaper and paint it something more neutral.

So, with solvent, perforator and scraper in hand, I got the majority of the bathroom done yesterday. Now, says Chef, we're living in a crackhouse. There my baby's crackhouse.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the management would be thrilled to hear that you stripped the wallpaper. I don't see how that would take away from the deposit, unless ass wallpaper is some sort of advertised feature in those particular apartments.

Anonymous said...

The only reason I said it looked like a crackhouse, is the fact that the paint/wallpaper that's left looks like it's sunburned. The point right before the skin blisters, where it looks lumpy and gross, that's how my whole bathroom looks.

At least it's not forever...

Hoosier Chick said...

You won't even remember it when the new paint is on there.

And apparently ass wallpaper from the 80s was NOT an advertised feature. I'm increasing the place's rentability. At least in my eyes.

Swampy said...

I thought Tennessee Volunteers were judged by their peers almost solely on their ability to hang tacky wallpaper on their walls... oh, and also to drive like retarded dolphins.

Live and learn.

Hoosier Chick said...

My friend Brian was looking at a house in Knoxville that had a room with watermelon wallpaper and little DARKIE FIGURINES decorating it. That's so wrong on so many levels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...