Pages

Monday, April 25, 2005

Sanding is the death of me

So, perhaps I underestimated the time it would take to fully modify the walls in Chef's (and my) apartment. When I told Chef that I wanted to have the kitchen's wallpaper removed and the bathroom's walls spackled, sanded and primed by dinner on Saturday night, he rightly told me I was kidding. I set off in a huff to prove him wrong and dammit, if he wasn't right. I had VASTLY underestimated the crappy, crackly conditions of the walls in the bathroom.

So, with a rejuvenated heart, I woke on Sunday to start sanding again. About an inch of dust later, I was in tears. Frustrated and bitchy, Chef finally cheered me up and convinced me to get back at it. So, I FINALLY got the sanding done and then two coats of primer. In between the coats, Chef taught me how to make really good Chicken Parmesan. He's an excellent teacher, but I have to admit to getting really nervous when he's in the kitchen. It makes me do stupid things.
Anyway, the bathroom's primed and except for areas behind the fridge and stove, the wallpaper's all gone. It's starting to look normal and I love it. I'm going to love it even more when it's all done.

On another note, I felt very much like Winnie the Pooh on Friday because it was a blustery day here. Sunny, but cold and windy. I was driving along this fairly busy street and when I passed a Mexican restaurant on my right, one of their giant rainbow-colored umbrellas came over the fence and rolled right into my car. Luckily, I got hit by the umbrella end and not the giant metal pole. Cam came out unscathed, but there was a parked car that wasn't as lucky. This was the SECOND of two umbrellas that came flying over the fence from that restaurant. All I have to say is SAND OR CONCRETE BASES, PEOPLE!!

This morning people were on high alert in our office. The VP of HR from our main office showed up unannounced. At least, unannounced to most of us. This usually happens when someone is going to be fired, so everyone was on their toes. Come to find out, he's here to interview people for a position that has no immediate boss right not to do the interviews. Nothing like a crap scare first thing on a Monday morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like an unannounced visit on Monday morning from Big Mike to freak everyone out! For some reason, a timy man with a weasil face never scared me. However, Napoleon....err Dick B. always intimidated me. He really used that short-man syndrome to his advantage. It's nice to live 3 miles from the Affiliate office. I continue to perfect my birdie finger every time I drive by.

Anonymous said...

Umm, that would be "tiny," not "timy." Sorry for the typo, Ash.

Hoosier Chick said...

Just so you know: We're now Dick-less.

Swampy said...

Just wanted to let you guys know that ChimpsofDestiny is up and running and actually has CONTENT on it now...
If you don't read, I don't write.
Smooches!

Hoosier Chick said...

YEAH!!! No , I did not know that the Chimps had made a return. I'm totally there.

Anonymous said...

Dick-less? No kidding. That's good news! Tell Tracy I said hello!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...