Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

Speaking of the Big O

Oprah's birthday is Sunday. Not that I'm such a fan that I have her birthday memorized, but everyone can name at least one person born on their birthday. I can name several:
  • Oprah, whose quoted as saying "All my life I always knew I was born to greatness." If I'd have known that years ago that she'd said that, things would make a lot more sense to me. Like the whole "Remembering Your Spirit" segments.

  • Tom Selleck: Quigley Down Under. There's a price on his head. A girl on his mind. And a twinkle in his eye. That's all I'm saying.

  • Edward Burns: Directed one good movie and had one good soundtrack. Unfortunately they weren't for the same movie.
  • Heather Graham: Dated Edward Burns. Perhaps the competing birthday parties lead to their break up. Either way her birthday this year is marred by the cancellation of "Emily's Reasons Why Not" after one episode. One reason why not: No viewers.

So I'm turning 27 when these people are turn...older than me. Yet that provides me with little solace. I'm young. I get that. However, I realize that the days are numbered when that could be my excuse. Don't forget to remember me on MY day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...