Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Kafka the Rock Opera

There's nothing like getting really busy and knowing that you'll be on vacation soon. That during a time of year YOU KNOW will be excrutiatingly busy there is an uncontrollable family obligation (ie a cousin's wedding) that you must attend. I'm so glad to be missing some of the fun that I don't mind the longer hours and extra work and running my ass off now.

Not only that, but the wedding is in Florida. Warm weather, not in a state I've been to in a while and with a kick ass group. I'm looking forward to it already. Plus I added an extra day to ensure that I'll be recovered before heading back. Oh the joys!!

Right now I'm juggling three events, an office fundraiser that I'm in charge of plus a looming press conference at the end of the month. It's crazy.

On another note, Chef has introduced another program into my life that was missing before: Home Movies. It's an animated show on Adult Swim that apparently ran back in 1999 about these little kids that make home movies. Perhaps the funniest was the one where one of the kids made Kafka: The Rock Opera. My favorite song is "Being a Bug Ain't Easy" and goes a little something like this:

Being a Bug Ain't Easy
All My Old Clothes Don't Fit Me

I've got tiny bug feet
I don't know what bugs eat

Afraid of everyone steppin' on me
Now I'm sympathizin' with Fleas

Being a Bug Ain't Easy

Pure comic genius. My favorite new tune.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...