Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

For Halloween, I'm going to be annoyed

I don't know why it surprises me, because at this point it really shouldn't. At this point, I need to either quit bitching or get another job. It's not like I haven't tried on both accounts; I'm just not very lucky.

Today my co-workers went to lunch and then to a local game place to celebrate a huge event that we had on Saturday. The catch was that everyone that even remotely worked on the event was invited to join them. . .except me. I did all the publicity, did a media tour for two days before it, sold sponsorship on it and was at the damn event. Yet none of that was memorable enough to score an invite. Okay, I take that back. I did get invited; just as they were on the way out the door. Not last week like everyone else.

Yes, I'm bitter. And I'm also stupid. This is about fifth time something of this nature has happened. I wasn't invited to the Christmas party. Didn't get to go to the Thanksgiving shindig. Was not welcome at the same little swaray last year. I should be used to it. But honestly, it just pisses me off that I work so hard for people that could care less.

Now that that's been vented. The only thing that has brightened my dad today has been a van paintly EXACTLY like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo with a guy dressed as Shaggy driving it. Oddly enough, it reminded me of my brother.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...