Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It was More than Enough

I admit it. I watched the Dateline interview with Nadya Suleman last week. The mother of the octuplets and 6 other kids is a woman who has me enthralled. I can't turn my head from the train wreck that is this media blitz.

I'm not someone who judges others for having kids out of wedlock. I don't think a wedding band qualifies you as a good parent. And I think it's wonderful that people feel a deep need or calling into motherhood.

What I don't understand are the following:
  • If you believe that things are "God's Will" but use artificial means to get pregant, aren't you defying God's will?
  • Using government financial aid for things other than directly related costs can be deemed illegal and is taking away from the hundreds of thousands of people going to school and supporting themselves.
  • If destroying the embryos was not an option for her, why did she have so many made?
  • If reputable adoption agencies would turn you down because of your inability to provide consistent financial support, shouldn't that be a sign to rethink having kids or how many kids to have?
  • How can one person's lips grow to three times their normal size in a few years without surgical help?
  • How can you blame the media for the hailstorm around your life when you are constantly commenting to the media AND using the attention to raise money through your own web site (that has since been taken down)?
I hope the kids grow up healthy, and adjusted. I hope there is eventually peace in that home. I hope the nuts out there stop dropping death threats on Nadya Suleman and all those around her. I don't expect to have my piddly questions answered because it's not my life. But I couldn't help but ask them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen where you can donate to her on her website? It's ridiculous! I'd like to had one to your list. You also shouldn't have kids to "fill a void." That women needs a good psych consult.

Hoosier Chick said...

I know, right? If after 6 kids you still have a chasm of need, nothing will ever fill it. Plus you've pretty much guaranteed that you'll never get married.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...