Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Silent in the Land of Smurfs

Is it me or does Tom Cruise look like a smurf in this picture? I know he's short, but it looks like Katie could eat him. Or that she's standing next to a cardboard cut out of Tom Cruise.

Tonight is a night that I've been dreading all week. It's event night for work. Meaning that while every one else gets to go home at the break of 5 p.m. and start their weekend, I will be at an event until about 11 p.m.

Yes, I'm whining. Mostly because this event was usually held on a Thursday night and therefore didn't cut into my weekend. But this year the thought was to hold it on a Friday night in hopes of getting a bigger crowd. That might've worked if the local hockey team wasn't in the Stanley Cup play-offs and the first home game wasn't tonight. As it looks, it might be a long and empty evening.

This is usually a pretty cool event with artists and musicians and a good time. It started out trying to get younger crowds that might've not been interested in a more expensive, high class event. Of course, that was before we hired a band that appealed to baby boomers and upped the ticket price to $75. No offense, but for $75 I'd better be seeing a professional athlete or a great musical act. Not so much eating cheese and crackers and watching some middle age dudes think they bridge the generation gap by playing "Bette Davis Eyes." Good tune and all, but totally not the point.

Okay, I'm done bitching now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...