Pages

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just Live in Sin for a While, People!

Why do celebrities have a problem with living together for a while before getting married? If I had a huge fortune, a huge house and an unfinished prenup, I'd sure as hell pop the question "Will you live with me?" before "Will you marry me and then let our divorce play out in the press in two months?".

Cases in point:
  • Chad Michael Murray and any cast member of 'One Tree Hill.' Before you make fun of me, I don't actually watch the show. He used to be on 'Gilmore Girls,' so that's how I've heard of him. Anyway, he married his co-star and then five months later she divorces him. Now he's marrying an extra that was on the show. Maybe his first wife didn't throw out the wedding dress and would let the new sucker borrow it.
  • Eminem and his wife/ex-wife/wife/soon-to-be ex-wife. It's bad enough to marry once, but to marry then write about drowning your ex in the trunk of your car, then marrying her again and then three months later splitting again. That's just crazy.

There are many other examples of people being swept away by love (remember Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere--ew!), but I just don't get it. Living in sin isn't as bad as divorce. Perhaps we should have a 24-month waiting period for a marriage license.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...