Pages

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Close but No Cigar

Hmm. Funny how once you title something with a cliche, you begin to think about the cliche. I guess close, but not a winner because you don't get to smoke the celebratory cigar? Anyway, I came in second in about the third job now. I'm so close to landing something great that I can taste it. But I'm not smoking the cigar yet.

However, when I was let down easy at this last job, I was asked to come in to interview for the same position in a different department. I have that this week. We'll see how it goes.

Alas, Chef turned a year older on Sunday. We had a weekend long celebration. I think in the future I'm going to get him one good present to be given the morning after his birthday to help cut the birthday hangover. Because waking up and thinking that'll be 364 more days until your special day is pretty depressing and deserves a treat.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for Paris to get out of jail so that I can have a reason for living again. As Cameron Diaz puts it "When Paris suffers, we all suffer." And so I'm suffering right now. Mostly I just like Cameron Diaz more since then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha- I saw that clip of Daiz on Soup last week. Oh, she's so right.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...