Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Mini-vacation

For our summer vacation, Chef and I went 15 minutes away from our apartment. I volunteered to housesit for a co-worker. I forgot how nice it is to have a house. We grilled out and ate dinner outside. We watered the landscaping and I did laundry until my heart was content. Simple things felt so nice. It made us really think about what we wanted.

"We couldn't live in a big city forever," Chef said. "Like New York or LA. I'd miss having a house and yard."

It's so true though. You never realize the joy being outside and wiggling your toes in the grass until you haven't done it for a while.

Anyway, it was a great vacation. We'll probably go back this week to hang out some more. I would totally volunteer to housesit for people all the time if I could. Perhaps I could make a career out of professionally housesitting. Is there such a thing and if so, where do I sign up?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...