Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Not a Morning Person

There are many reasons that I don't get up at 5 a.m. on a regular basis and today at work is just one example. Mostly because I can't function after about noon without at least 7 hours of sleep. That's not necessarily true. If I were just up late and got up at a normal time, that would've been all right. But getting up nearly two hours earlier than normal hurts anyone.

So now I've spent the afternoon alternately sending out emails and intermittently playing games online until a respectable hour to leave. It's now approaching that hour.

Last night I made my first ever loaf of bread. From scratch. I would've been more proud, but Chef brought me back to earth by saying "You realize that people have been baking bread for a long time in history and most without the use of a Kitchenaid mixer." Nonetheless I was still very happy with the results. In fact, I'm craving some carbs right now. I hope to start baking different kinds of breads on a regular basis for practice. If you have any good bread recipes, hook a girl up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, bread. And who cares if you used a kitchenaid! Joe uses the bread maker, which takes a box of mix and water. And even that's too much for me to do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...