Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things That Keep Me Up At Night

Random thoughts that go through my head as I'm trying desperately to push them out and go to sleep:

  • Does Tom Brady think he out kicked his coverage by marrying Gisele Bundchen?
  • Where do companies that SPAM come up with the weird ass names they put in the "from" line?
  • Why don't I have an undying urge to have children? Or even any urge?
  • Why doesn't ProActiv asked Peyton Manning to be their newest spokesperson? He gets some raging Chin strap acne during season.
  • How would my 10 year old self respond if I told her what I'm doing as an adult?
  • Is there still hope for me and Matt Damon to get together. . .even if it's as some kickin' senior citizens?
  • If we died, how long would it take before Genghis and the cats ate us?
  • Why does my fantasy football team seem to suck so much more this year than last?
  • Is there a way to make Cake Batter ice cream at home?
  • How much do stand up comedians make per year? Could I get just as much emjoyment just being friends with a comedian?
  • Will midgets (aka Little People) ever be able to ride roller coasters? (Yes, even 10 years later, this one still crosses my mind).
  • Why can't I ever find figs at my grocery store when I want some bacon-wrapped figs?
  • Will I ever be able to afford Manolo Blahniks? If I am, will I ever be able to overcome the Midwestern sensibility instilled me in to actually pull the trigger and buy them?
  • What happened to the characters of "Gilmore Girls" after the series finale? (Sometimes I make up happy endings for them all in little vingiettes in my head. Sometimes the whole town of Stars Hollow goes up in smoke. )
  • At what age did I officially become old enough to hear the worries and problems of my elders? Can I go back before that time so I can live in oblivion again?
  • Whatever happened to . . . (fill in the blank with an old product like 'Get in Shape Girl' toys or an old acquaintance that resists facebook)?

So, that's a tiny peek into my world of crazy. Hope you enjoyed your time here. Come back again tomorrow night as I lay in bed and try to play out the entire Colts-Jaguars game before it happens.

2 comments:

Shera said...

I still remember the Get in Shape Girl jingle... You'll love the feeeeelin'!

PS, my word verification is ratorgi. Chew on that.

Nicole said...

Ahhh... good one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...