Pages

Monday, January 04, 2010

Not So Much A List of Resolutions...as It's Four Days Into the New Year

I'm not much for resolutions as I've repeatedly said that making a resolution is like making a promise that you never intend on keeping. So instead, I'll have a list of things that I fully intend on doing if not for a whole year then until I stop doing them.
  1. Tracking my food. When I do this, I lose weight and give a crap about what's going into my mouth. When I don't, I gain weight and freeze my butt off running in 13 degree weather for no reason other than to not gain even more weight. if I'm going to run in artic temperatures, I'm going to make it count.
  2. Turning my work cell phone off at 9 p.m. There is very little that pops me off the couch faster than the stupid little ding from the Moto Q that tells me I have an email. There are also very little important emails that come through at 9 p.m. So a word of warning to those work people who read this--don't send me anything important that I'm not expecting at 9 p.m. and hope to have me read it and review it by 8:30 a.m. It's not going to happen.
  3. Delegation! It's time to shove off the things that I can do but shouldn't to others. Just because I CAN do them, doesn't mean it's the best use of my time.
  4. Have dates with Chef. We had a couple of them over the break and I forget how much I like to get dressed up for the sole purpose of spending time with him in public and not because I have a big meeting.

That's about all I can handle for this year. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

MrsB said...

I'm digging it! And wishing my darling would shut HIS phone off at 9 pm...I think I'll sign up for the food journal, though it hurts my heart to see what I've eaten at the end of the day MAYBE it'll encourage me to do better :) As for the dating, it's SO nice to go out w/the honey - you must do it more often! In the meantime, I hope you have the best year yet dear! Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...