Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Quick Trip to Kentucky

One of the great things about living less than 3 hours away from my hometown is that people have to call before dropping by. One of the great things about living less than 3 hours away from my hometown is that when there's an emergency I can shoot back up there. Yesterday was one of those cases. My dad called on Monday and my grandma was super sick (that's a medical term). After being in the hospital for a few days, she was getting worse and not better.

So a quick trip up and I got to see how she's doing for myself. Luckily, the meds were kicking in and she was on the upswing for the first time since her admission. It makes it so much easier to have the luxury while I can to hop in the car and be with family. I should do it more often. Thanks to my aunts and dad for keeping me in the loop and for dinner!

More thoughts and prayers would be great to continue. If all goes smoothly, tomorrow is pacemaker day for Grandma Auda!

1 comment:

Rocky Wrye said...

What makes you think that "no one can show up without calling first"? That did not work in Bloomington on your 21st birthday did it. And I am "older & bolder" now! You should not have mentioned anything that could be interpreted as a challenge (ROTFLMBO)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...