Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

I Felt Bad for the Foam Finger

I didn't watch the VMAs last night. I'm over 30 and was a Backstreet fan, so I figured anything important I would catch on the Internet today or the million times MTV reruns one of the two live shows it does every year.

And so after my feeds freaked the f out over Miley Cyrus, I took a look at her performance first. I have never felt so bad for a prop foam finger in my life. Nor for a big booty or back-up dancers that have to try and "twerk" with an oversized teddy bear strapped to their back.

You can tell that MTV was pissed at Robin Thicke for performing on the Colbert Report when Daft Punk backed out. That's the only reason that I can think that they made him perform with her...and let her "sing" parts of his song.

Oddly enough, I wasn't all that offended by the crotch rubbing and grinding Miley was doing. I was more upset about the horrible costumes, the hair buds coming out of her scalp, her perpetual use of her tongue and why she kept putting the microphone out into the crowd during a portion of the song where there are no words.  But I guess lack of logic and talent offends me more than sex.

Thoughts from my pithy friends?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...