Pages

Friday, August 19, 2005

More Things About Me in a Self-Indulgent List

Precious tagged my ass and now I'm obliged to write down 5 things that are weird about me. The trick will be to pick 5 that are quirky enough to be interesting and yet, not weird enough to make me look like the deranged person I truly am. Here goes:

id*I*o*syn*cra*sy- a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.


  1. My rolodex is in order by the person's occupation (print media, university, pharmaceuticals) and THEN by the last name because I always seem to forget one or the other.
  2. I wear make-up, have painted nails and toe nails, have facials, and love accessories, but I won't wear earrings because they make me feel too girlie.
  3. I still wish when the clock's time is a palindrome and I notice. My favorite is 11:11.
  4. I still believe that if I don't hold my touchdown monkey when the Colts are on offense, they will turn the ball over in the red zone.
  5. I hate it when stores purposely misspell words to highlight their alliteration. My least favorite offender: The Kountry Kitchen.

Okay, enough with the idiosyncrasies, here are just some weird ole facts about me:

  1. I still take pride in the fact that my brother's colic as a baby made my mom return to smoking.
  2. I won a teddy bear at our company's software training for answering the most questions correctly.
  3. This is where Swampette's inner monologue starts screaming something about STILL being a teacher's wet dream.
  4. I was once reprimanded for having too much Scooby Doo decor in my former cubicle. I had two items.
  5. My closet is organized by item (shirt, skirt, pants, dress), then by length (of hem or sleeve), then by color. I am that anal when it comes to my closet.
  6. Since the move more than 50 pairs of my shoes are sitting in a garbage bag at the top of my closet. I'm still trying to find a place for them.
  7. Chef and I have only one picture of the two of us together and it was taken by a camera phone.
  8. I have seen Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo.
  9. I have made a list of items that are mine in case I'm ever fired and someone else has to clean out my office. I'm just that paranoid.
  10. I keep a list of funny names of real people I've come across. One of my favorites is Wayne Chung.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you help with our closets?! My mom told me that the one thing we wouldn't like about a 90 year old home was the closets. I don't like to admit she's ever right...

Now you have to tag someone with the list. Like Shera. Cause we haven't heard for her for awhile. She must be working again.

JustLinda said...

Thanks, 'cause I needed a smile today. It's good to hear how others are weird to make us all feel less weird ourselves. haha

Hoosier Chick said...

Spam sucks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...