Pages

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dueling Horoscopes

I spent some of this morning reading my horoscopes in the two newspapers in town. The larger newspaper said that I was going to have a lucky day and everything, even small things, would go my way. The smaller newspaper said that it wasn't a time to talk to people, but to let them be on their own.

I was hoping that since the larger newspaper had more people reading it that perhaps it's astrological sources were better informed. Faulty logic in whatever way you look at it. Seeing as how the morning already had gone up to that point, I knew I was screwed anyway.

First, I went into a clinical research facility to see if I qualified for a study they are doing on psoriasis. I got up early and made my way in there to hear a couple of thing that were pretty discouraging and/or embarrassing:
  1. "Is that all you've got?" In response to me showing the nurse my areas of psoriasis. Although I know that there are people much worse off, it's still disgusting and bothersome. Especially my scalp psoriasis, which wasn't even being offered medicines for research.
  2. "Well, we do have some weight loss studies, if you're interested." There's nothing like going into a place to have my skin looked at and being told that I qualify because of my fat ass. This is especially encouraging after I'd spent the last month adjusting my eating habits. There I was happy to have looked down and lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks and my moment of glory was killed by yet another reminder of how fat I am.

I also had a meeting with a representative of the state comptroller (who was neither cute nor elected nor had a penchant for being peed on). I got out of that and had lunch at home. Chef was apparently tired and not in a particularly warm mood, so I got even more confirmation that horoscope #2 was the one for me. I now hate the other Aquariuses that had a perfectly lucky day according to horoscope #1.

Anyway, I will continue my sock knitting journey tonight and hopefully watch some decent TV. Or at least some decent TV shows that are on DVD or TiVo. Actual TV right now sucks ass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's nothing like a trip to the doctor's office to make you feel like a sloth.

Hoosier Chick said...

I hate MAgic Stripes!!! I've had that damn yanr be really thin in 5 different places and actually in two fucking pieces in one place. Of course, I was halfway through the sock when it was done. Damn you, Lion Brand!

Anonymous said...

Eek. Nice to see the corporate machine is all about quality control...

Anonymous said...

Oh, dude, it's not just Lion Brand. I've had $13 dollars per skein yarn that was knotted and shredded and was a frustration in pretty much every way possible. I return it for new yarn when I can, but mostly, I'm stuck. Sometimes, you just get a bad ball.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...