Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Our New Arrival!

Yesterday at 6:47 p.m. we welcomed to our household a brand new Dell! We haven't decided on a name yet, although I'm sure that Chef will nix the idea of naming our beloved toy. I'm really excited to have a new home computer. Especially one that is very fast and came off the assembly line in this millennium.

This morning on the Today show they continued their series on various ways to save money. They were going over creative ways to cut costs at kid's birthday party. Of course, they had to interview a couple that spent WAY too much. This couple spent $3500 for their 7-year old's birthday. There were 32 kids invited. That's more than $100 per kid.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? When I was a kid, I wanted a skating rink party or a McDonald's birthday party more than anything. Do they even have McDonald's birthday parties any more? I can guarantee it didn't cost $100 a kid for some Happy Meals and McDonaldland Cookies, that's for damn sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a McDonald's birthday! I had about fifteen kids there and it was the biggest party I ever had. Every other time it was cake and maybe a movie.

PARENTS, HEAR YE! You are raising a generation of spoon-fed brats who will suckle the teat of your parental guilt until they are 30. If you're lucky. End it now--you really, really don't have to give them everything you never had.

Swampy said...

How's this for a birthday party, you little bastards?
I get drunk somewhere else today, so I don't hit ya!
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I never even got a McDonalds birthday! My mom can't even remember when it is!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...