Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

That Donut Has More Calories Than My ASS

I've been counting my calories for about a month now. I've written down what I've eaten for the day and calculated the calories thanks to calorieking.com. I'm not vigilant about it, but I'm trying to cut my calories by about 500 calories each day and I don't count on weekends because if I did I would feel trapped and quit.

I also don't make a big deal about counting the calories because I'm a big girl and I don't want to be condescending or rude to others. What I eat has been and will always be, my damn business.

So this morning we had a breakfast for a girl in our office who is getting married next weekend. The spread included cantaloupe, grapes, bananas, donuts, coffee cake, crumb cake, chocolate chip cookies and cereal bars. I weighed my options and decided to have a banana and some cantaloupe. One of the ladies who works here then commented: "You know, a banana is the worst fruit you can have."

I got pissed immediately. A banana is a fruit and fruit, by nature, is something that is at least moderately good for you. What pissed me off even more was that she had her plate loaded down with three donuts and some crumb cake. I held back on pointing that out, because frankly, what she eats is none of my business. However, she later said "I can't eat fruit. The acids burn my mouth (which had been sore)."

The whole commenting on the food is such a woman-based thing. And not just girl-on-girl attacks, either. I've seen many guys that have commented on girls' eating habits and many girls who've latched on to a man's diet like it was a half-price pair of shoes. I've done it.

Unless there's a health reason to be concerned about someone's diet AND they ask me to, I'm determined not to comment on anyone else's eating habits. Unless that bitch is skinny.

3 comments:

Swampy said...

The woman with the donuts and crumb cake probably knows the weight loss secret shared by several of my former Noble Roman's customers: Diet Coke.
Eating a 3 Big Mac lunch? Don't worry, that Diet Coke will burn right through those burgers. Having a personal pan, breadsticks, and choco-lard milkshake? Diet Coke makes all the saturated fat go away.
Diet Pepsi does not share these properties, judging by the responses we got when we switched to Pepsico's stable of fine products.
Damn, I miss that job.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the TV show Starved yet? HILARIOUS. Tivo that shit. It's on Thursday nights, maybe on Bravo, but I'm not sure. Fuh-ney.

Hoosier Chick said...

Did any product put "Diet" in the title before the beverage industry? And why are only cokes diet? Everything else is "light" or "reduced fat" or worse yet, "lite".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...