Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Married and Proud to Be Americans

I chuckle to myself when I say "all the snow." Where I'm at that usually means 1/2" or less. The newspaper around here ran a picture of kids playing in the mud outside that read "A Snow Day without The Snow."

Nonetheless Chef and I left it all behind us for the sunny shores of Florida. We had such a fabulous time that we started planning our return trip before we even left. So, we're almost certainly going back for Chef's spring break.

We drove A LOT in a little amount of time, but our time together was fabulous. It put everything in perspective. This trip was living. The rest of the things we'd been doing were not our real life. I just realized how stressed out I've been getting for no good reason. Getting away and reprioritizing did me some good.

My cousin Doug and his new bride Erin had a great wedding, but one of the oddest interludes that I'd ever witnessed. The DJ seemed like a nice enough guy, but one that needed to be the center of attention at all times. He was a biker buddy of the Erin's dad and liked to use the microphone more than an announcer at Shoe Carnival.

Before we knew what was happening, this guy had asked us all to get in a circle and join hands. Expecting some form of the chicken dance (the conga had already happened), I was reluctant. However, soon enough the words "Show that we're proud to be Americans" came out of his mouth and when I looked to my right, Chef had bolted.

That's right. We all stood there swaying with Doug and Erin looking incredibly uncomfortable while the DJ sang along to Lee Greenwood. I've never seen anything like it.

1 comment:

Tori said...

I'm glad you had a good time in sunny Florida. It is nice to be able to enjoy living every now and again. I could use a little more of it in my life!
As for the DJ, what more can be said... at least he didn't sing a gay cowboy song.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...