Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Two Things I Noticed AFTER I Got To Work

There are days when I'm in such a rush that I don't notice things that most people would. Like that I'm wearing a dark bra with a shirt that's not dark enough to conceal it. Or that my shoes were actually dark brown and not the black I thought they were.

Today there were two things that slipped my notice:
  1. The underwear that I had chosen did not have sufficient elastic. In fact, their comfort was only because they had relatively no elastic. So by the time I had waddled out of the gas station, I was bending slightly at the waist to ensure they wouldn't head south before I hit the car.
  2. My accessories choices made me look like a sparkly Avril Lavigne. I had a black skirt, purple top and black boots on, but I thought that my purple sequined scarf, big obnoxious purple "jewel" bracelet and black "power bead" bracelet would be a good combination. Instead, they added up to me looking like a pseudo-corporate punk rocker. If only I still had on my dark purple nail polish to complete the look.

I let my boss know today that just as I got back from vacation, I'm leaving again. Chef's spring break is in two weeks and we're already getting ready to go back to Florida. Not so much for the binge-drinking party all night Spring Break-a-palooza as much because it's not here. This kind of attitude cannot be good in the long run for our state of mind. Perhaps it's time for a relocation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...