Pages

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Olympics Ratings Jugger-Not

Am I the only one that's not entirely impressed with the Olympic coverage this year? I'm totally underwhelmed. None of the stories are really compelling me to watch when I can just log onto msn and spend 10 minutes reading a recap. Of course, this will probably change when Women's figure skating takes center stage, but that's still some days away.

First of all, snowboarding to me is like watching NASCAR or the X games: unless there's a huge crash, I don't want to sit through it. I've never skiied, luged or skeletoned in my life. Curling is reserved for my hair and if I can't even go backwards on skates, I highly doubt that I can work up any speed.

At least in summer sports, it's stuff that nearly everyone has or can do. Running, playing baseball or softball, basketball, table tennis, tennis. Normal sports. There's not much more of snowcross I can take.

I got my ipod yesterday and I've been rocking away since. I'm now spending the last of my friday afternoon figuring out what songs that I want to download this weekend and fill this badboy up. Song suggestions are always welcome. Unless they suck.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Clearly you haven't been keeping up with the saga of the "Fashion Diva" Johnny Weir! I mean really, how could you not want to see what FABULOUS outfit he would squeeze into before his terrible performance and storming out of the arena afterwards? There is soooo much drama in it, I find myself not even missing E.R.

Hoosier Chick said...

The poorly filled in mustache really makes it impossible for me to watch him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...