Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Olympics

Is anyone else simultaneously excited and dreading the end of the Olympics? I mean I'm not the biggest Winter Olympics fan, but at the very least if nothing else is on I can put it on and be entertained.

There are some questions that come to mind. First of all, when did Korea and China get so good at ice skating? I mean whether it's figure skating or speed skating, they seem to take it very seriously and be good. Am I the only one in the dark about this?

Does anyone else feel like it's cheating for the US to have snowboarding in the Olympics? When I think that, I then think about the fact that softball was taken out because the U.S. was too dominant and I get pissed.

Why is it that I can live without curling for four years but toss it on MSNBC at 3 p.m. on a Saturday and I'm all in? Suddenly I become an expert on technique and strategy because I watched it for 30 minutes, which is about 25 longer than the average person.

How come hockey isn't the biggest sport in the Winter Olympics? Was anyone else surprised that the US-Canada game was relegated to crappy cable?

1 comment:

Shera said...

You are reading my mind. We just discussed the unfairness of US snowboarding and have re-become curling experts (after a 4-year absence). PS: China kicks ass at whatever it feels like kicking ass at. Just hope they never take aim at us in a hostile manner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...