Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

It Does Not Rock, It Sucks, It Sucks

Wow. I know that Charles Barkley was a man whore, but the Taco Bell commercial has really crossed the line. I mean, he's almost in the sphere of Gene Simmons with that one. It must take a good agent or a big ass ego to think that he could rap effectively enough to sell some tacos.

He used to be known as the "Round Mound of Rebound" and now he's just a round mound. Sir Charles, what the hell were you thinking? I would be remiss if I didn't mention Lamar Odom. I'm sure this was exactly the kind of endorsement deals he was hoping for when he married the big
Kardashian (aka Khloe). This probably paid for the marriage so anything else he gets will be BONUS money.




I don't understand all the promotions between athletes and fast food. The NBA and Taco Bell, McDonald's and the Olympics. How many athletes really down a bunch of fast food on a regular basis? Will sweet chili dipping sauce give the edge to win a bronze medal? Will cinnamon twists and tacos improve my vertical?

Look I understand that some athletes eat fast food. I've been around enough NFL guys and had to direct them to NOT mention that when talking to kids about nutrition and physical activity. However, the idea that a burger is going to give me the competitive edge is what led to me being 80 pounds heavier.

Okay, maybe it was the french fries and years of self-delusion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...