Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

It Started Off Bad and Got Progressively Better

There was a time not so long ago that I would've woken up and gone outside to a flat tire and it would be over. My day would be predetermined to be crappy and my mind would be made up. Thankfully, I have Chef. And with him I know that even if my tire is flat and I end up being 10 minutes late for a pre-meeting, I have him to count on.

He came outside when I ran back to the apartment and knocked on the door with a loud "HELP ME!" whine attached. He stepped right in, told me not to help too much, not because I couldn't or wouldn't but because he didn't want me to get dirty. In 10-15 minutes, I was back on the road, as good as it was before.
It's been more than five years that we've been together, but it's mornings like these that make me more appreciative of him than ever before. I hope that 5 years from now (and WAY past that) that I always remember to be thankful for the little things he adds to my life, as well as the big things.
Because he turned that flat tire into a good reflection instead of a crappy day.

1 comment:

Shera said...

I wish Chef had some butt crack hanging out. Then it would be the perfect picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...