Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Perhaps This Will be the Official End of J. Lo

Following in the illustrious foot steps of Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez is guest starring on How I Met Your Mother this week as a love interest for Neil Patrick Harris. There are so many things that confuse me about that sentence that I don't even know where to start. . . but I'll try.

Surely appearing as a guest star on a CBS sitcom (and I'm using the "com" pretty liberally here) will be enough to finish off a dying career of a star who should've remained in 1999, right? I mean, aside from whoring out her children when they're older and recording a duet with an even older and more aging pop star, this is the last call on J. Lo, right?? Can't we just all agree to that?

And then please explain to me how Neil Patrick Harris is a sex symbol and a chick magnet on that show. I realize it's not based in reality, but even before he came out of the closet, I don't even think the chick who played Wanda on Doogie Howser ever felt the attraction to him.

I don't get CBS at all. Then again, I'm not into procedural detective shows that are only like a decade old. It's got to be 20 years old and feature S. Epatha Merkerson for me to take notice.

So I'll guess I'll just watch more Tosh.0 (did I mention how excited I am to see Daniel Tosh and his casual jackets in person in April??) and hold my breath that Maid in Manhattan 2: Cleaning the Mean Streets doesn't get greenlit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...