Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

I've got a case of the slightly foaming at the mouth

In a typical year, I would be suffering on this Monday morning with a basketball hangover. I would have bleary eyes, too much pizza and the need to clap my hands together and say "Let's get fired up!" repeatedly throughout the day.

You see normally I would be suffering from a case of March Madness. However, this year's Madness has not hit me so deeply. I can't say that I'm not affected at all. I did sit in a parking lot between meetings and listen to Murray State hit the game-winning shot against Vanderbilt. And I do have a tendency to flip over from my regularly scheduled program at commercials to check scores incessantly.

And I know how I'm doing in my bracket (poorly, by the way). I do root for the underdog unless they're playing a Big 10 team and the my loyaltly lies with my conference. However, the tournament takes on a slightly less thrilling endeavor when you're team's out of it. Being a Hoosier fan, it's not many years of my life that my alma mater has failed to make the tournament. At one time, they had the second longest tourney streak (behind Arizona then. Now not so much for either team).

So for me, March Madness is kind of March Sadness. However, it's not nearly the sadness that hit me after the Superbowl. I still can't even talk about that one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...