Pages

Friday, March 05, 2010

This is What It's Like to Have a Life

This week has been hectic. Every week is hectic. And I've had about the same amount of work to do. And I still feel like I could work 24 hours a day and still not get caught up.

But this week I had a life. I didn't spend every night at the office until 7 or crank up the computer at home at night . . .at least not every night. Instead, I did a lot of things with Chef, and for the most part it was time better invested.

On Wednesday, he and I went to a Scotch tasting. The thing I learned most is that I'm not a big fan of scotch. It was pretty good Scotch, according to other people there, but mostly it was nice to get out in public with Chef on a weeknight and have fun. We were with others, but also mostly a couple because the majority of people there were several decades older than we are. We both left knowing that we'll be going to more tastings in the future (hopefully in the wine and bourbon arenas).

Then last night not only did I go to boot camp and writers group, but when I got home because I didn't have to work on Friday, I got to hang out with Chef until well after midnight, catching up on the Must See TV comedies that I'd missed while at writers group, having some beer and being together.

Today, I continued the self-pampering by sleeping in WAY longer than I normally would, getting a manicure, going to lunch and seeing the BODIES exhibit with Chef. It has been nice to have some time to feel normal. It makes me want more. So I know that I have to carve out more time for myself in the future (more manicures are now a given) and push back on things that can eat up my time for now real reason.

I've got to get a backbone and know that I'm not being selfish, but acting in self-preservation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...