Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Technology's little joke

Has anyone else had one of those days when it seems like the electronic mafia has banned together and fitted you for your concrete booties? Everything I touch that has current running through it (this computer, included. Actually, ESPECIALLY this computer) has shunned me like Amish woman with a vibrator. I'm left to wonder. What did I do that was so wrong?

The electronic mafia started out with the hair dryer. The plastic button that controls the head fell right off. Then my curling iron had the on and off buttons actually retract inside it's casing. It left me to power it up with a pair of tweezers and a prayer.

The best had to be that my computer malfunctioned for all 9 1/2 hours that I was at work today. Every minute of the working day was spent starting and restarting this wretched machine. Each time the microsoft start-up jingle blared, I held my breath and then let out a streaming audio file of cuss words.

The boyfriend called and he has a new computer that he wants me to help set up. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to touch it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...