Pages

Monday, January 24, 2005

Domestic Incidences

The Lakes of Bellevue was kind enough to send out a letter in response to the shooting at the complex last week. It was a euphemism smorgasbord with the following phrases sprinkled in for ultimate liability protection:

"We apologize for the inconvenience (read: the mere 5 hour stand off) of the domestic incident (read: a crazy guy going to kill his wife). We assure you that the Nashville Metro Police Department has taken care of the situation (read: by killing the aforementioned crazy guy)."
Got to love the lengths to which a place will go to to euphemize their way out of something in this litiguous society.

On another note, my birthday is coming up on Saturday and while I realize that all birthdays after 21 are meaningless to those who aren't having them, I have to also say that I'm a little hurt. The AHA sends out a list of birthdays every month to help everyone remember. Well, my birthday was ommitted and when I called to tell the HR person, her response was "Are you new?" My reply: "No, I'm not new. You're new. I've worked here almost 4 years."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...