Pages

Friday, May 26, 2006

No, I Didn't Watch American Idol, Dammit

It's been two days and everyone is STILL asking me if I watched the American Idol finale. Let me make this adundantly clear. No, I did not.

It's not so much the asking about it that pisses me off. It's me saying "No, I haven't watched American Idol all season" and THEN getting a recap of what I missed. If I haven't invested the time in watching the first 5 months, what makes you think I give a rat's ass now.

One of my co-workers who is about 30 years older than the target demographic for American Idol spent 10 minutes recounting to me how she used to have McPheever but within the last two episodes, she hopped on board the Soul Patrol. She then explained to me that the commissioner fo the Soul Patrol was a 29 year old white guy with premature gray hair. It made perfect sense to me. When I hear Soul, I think of old looking young white guys belting out Barry Manilow tunes.

I was only compelled to write down my feelings when the aforementioned co-worker said she spent from the end of the finale until 11:30 that night calling in to vote. God help America. I'll stick with Lost.

2 comments:

Beth said...

This is coming from a girl whom I know for a fact had her own obsessive moments once upon a time…Can I hear a holla for our daily Backstreet Moment?

Hoosier Chick said...

I'm normal now, I promise. Well, maybe not normal, but I don't have any creepy obsessions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...