Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Out Came The Angry Black Woman Inside Me

This afternoon I was talking to a friend who I had called an "ogre." She's tall and I'm jealous, but that's beside the point. I told her that my height made me a troll and then proceeded to put my arms out in troll-like fashion. At this point another co-worker, the kind that doesn't wear shoes all day, rolled up and said "You do look like a troll."

Here's why I was pissed: I didn't ask for this woman's opinion and I did not invite her into our conversation and she was being a bitch on purpose. I was pissed and she had already pissed me off immensely today so this was about to push me over the edge. I knew that even just looking at her was enough to make me say something that would've gotten me fired.

So when she tried to talk to me, I just put my hand up and said "Hand." She continued on and I said "I said 'hand.' I don't want to talk to you. Walk Away. Walk Away. Walk Away." I continued this until she finally moved on.

Of course, by the point my friend was laughing her ass off and the woman was so startled she actually shut her mouth and walked away (a rarity).

Don't you just love that time of the month. It makes me madder and bolder than usual.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...