Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

Me + Wine+ Wedding Show = Bad News and Crying

Why did I ever think that drinking a bottle of wine (some nice Cabernet) and watching a wedding show would be a good idea? It just brought out a bunch of ideas that I don't think I've truly conciously thought. Of course, I had to share these ideas while crying with Chef. He was a good sport at first. Then as I kept poking and beating the dead horse, Chef got a little tired of hearing about it.

I've never been a great drunk. I've always been a little more flirtacious or stupid, but I cannot recall ever having been a crying drunk. A few tears maybe, but never the full out bawling-so-hard-I'm-almost-hyperventillating kind of cry. And I really don't know what started it or why I kept crying. Damn you, red wine. You're so delicious and yet so bad to me.

Despite all that, I have to say that Chef was a trooper. He held my hair back as I said hello a second time to the wine. He tucked me into bed and then he appropriately made fun of me this morning.

I don't drink a lot in the first place, but I'm beginning to think that I'm beginning to reach the age where drinking heavily has consequences in the morning. And so, I'm beginning to reach the age where I will not be drinking heavily.

On another note, today at lunch my friend Julie went to a huge park here in town and walked two miles so that our make-up would melt off. More amazing than that is the fact that on our way there, I almost ran over a pedestrian. Honestly, it was his fault for stepping out in front of me in traffic, but I digress. While giving the pedestrian the once over, Julie and I both happened to notice how incredibly hot he was...then it hit us. I had almost run over a professional football player. He's much cuter with his helmet off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i reached that point in my thirties where i thought i wouldn't be drinking as heavily either.

Then I hit forty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...