Pages

Monday, July 17, 2006

All that and an Emmy nomination too

Go back to whatever planet you came from, make sure your E-Meter is hooked up and ready to go. Scientology has lost the PR battle once again. This religion is taking a bigger beating than Michael Jackson. Okay, maybe not that big, but it's getting bad.

I'm actually happy because the Emmy voters nominated the South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet" for Outstanding Animated Programming (for less than one hour). I'm going to be pulling hard core for this to win. Either way, it's a win for South Park because Comedy Central is putting the episode back on the air. Suck it, Cruise. Suck it, Travolta. Suck it, Hubbard. All your bitching and moaning did little.

On another note, The Colbert Report also got nominated. I'm pulling for big fellow. If you haven't seen any of the 26 episodes of the 4oo-something-part series "Better Know a District," you've been missing out. All I'm saying is "Pacific Rim Jobs."

Other than Emmy stuff, Chef and I went over to meet a friend of his and his wife. It was interesting. I've never been in a couple long enough to have "couple friends." They seem nice enough and I don't see myself feeling like I'm stuck with something. Even though they're only a few years younger than me, I felt really old. I'm not exactly living an "old" lifestyle. I still rent, we aren't married, I accept furniture from relatives. But for some reason, I just felt like I'd been through more. Maybe I'm getting less tolerant as I'm getting older. Or maybe I've always been the youngest one in a group and I'm not used to be the older one. Who knows?

Anyway, tomorrow is the last round in my big competition. Everyone wish me luck. I'll actually reveal what's going on when it's actually not able to be potentially jinxed. Yes, I'm just that superstitious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about jinxing? I'm confused.
You have been the youngest person in the group for at least 10 years, so I bet that's what your issue is. YOU'RE THE ADULT now. heh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...