Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Like having a fat person doing Weight Watchers ads

Last month I got a new Marie Claire in the mail with Ashlee Simpson on the cover. I actually love Marie Claire because it seems to be even slightly smarter than the average chick mag, but on this occasion, they blew it. The theme of the issue was "The Body Issue." It was promoting a healthier body image and all that self-love crap that these mags roll out once a year when using a size 8 model instead of size 0.

Either way having someone who has been rumored to have plastic surgery in an article to talk to teens about self-esteem. Classy. I didn't think I was good enough, but I'm here to tell you that you are. That's like having a drunk person take you to an AA meeting.

On another note, I was in beautiful Birmingham last week for a work conference. There's nothing more inspiring than a Birmingham Hilton. Especially being stuck there for four days and being fed salad...just salad, for every lunch. My colon has been completely cleansed.

Well, only 9 days until my overseas adventure. Luckily chapstick is not considered a liquid. My Carmex, however, will have to be checked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh well. Checking your tubes of lube is a small price to pay for a free trip to Europe. Shut it. And bring me back something cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...