Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We Didn't Really Think He Did It, Did We?

When a friend of mine was lamenting her singlehood the other day with my favorite phrase "I'm going to be alone FOREVER," I told her some good news.

"Ninety percent of all people get married. John Mark Karr was married TWICE, so I think you've got a good shot at walking down the aisle at least once."

Sad, but true. That man is creepy with a capital C and as happy as I was that he was off the streets, even the streets of Bangkok, I never really bought it. I think he was so obsessed with JonBenet Ramsey that hoped he'd done it. His pathetic life would be worth something if he'd done it. The public actually did make it worth a second glance when the story first hit the air.

All I hope is that he gets busted on Dateline for showing up at the house of a 12 year-old decoy or that he's tailed until he gets caught. However, even with one creepy man off the street, there are bound to be millions more still out there. The odds are in the creepy men's favor.

Speaking of creepy guys in the news, my favorite asshole ex-quarterback was signed by the Oakland Raiders yesterday. Jeff George, a former Colt, has such a big mouth that he was T.O. before T.O. was cool. And now, after FIVE years out of the NFL, he's back in...at 38 years old. I'm sure he won't start or even play much, but let me just say this: The last time Jeff George took a snap, Tom Brady wasn't even a starting QB in the NFL. Here's hoping next time he'll stay retired.

Well, the countdown has wound down. I'm heading overseas tomorrow and I'm really excited. Actually at 4:30 the day before I leave, I'm more excited about not having to be at work tomorrow than the actual trip. The trip won't seem real until my Pumas hit pavement in a country where English isn't really spoken or if it is, it's spoken with a weird accent. And Alabama doesn't count.

If I get my 5,000th visitor while I'm gone, please leave me a comment so I know who it was. And I'm actually close to 5,000 this time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

90% of statistics are made up on the spot. heh.
Have a wonderful time on your vacay. I can't wait to hear about it when you return. You should post lots of pics on the blog when you get back.

Hoosier Chick said...

Germans drink a LOT of beer and German weddings have a LOT of beer AND wine. I have LOTS of pictures to post now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...