Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Like Tide for Fossil Fuels

While staying in a Hilton last week, I noticed the large retractable clothesline they had in the bathroom. Hanging from the line was an info card explaining that if you hung your towels up, you would be forfeiting your wash for that day. The warm fuzzy was that you'd be hugging a tree, because "hotels use up a lot of natural resources in the daily washing of linens." The next line touted the millions of gallons of water used and the tons of detergent wasted.

What? Since when did Cheer become a natural resource?? Can I use it to power my car? No? Then it's just another manmade item. Stop trying to con me, Hilton. I want fresh towels and it's gonna cost you.

On another odd note, one of Osama bin Laden's exes tells us that he had Whitney Houston on his "freebie list." It makes you wonder if he gets Being Bobby Brown in his cave. Now I can't stop picturing Osama bin Laden sticking his fingers up Whitney's butt to pull a turd out. I'm not sure how the coke habit would have worked into Islam, but maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps Osama would've turned "Crack is Whack" into "Iraq is Whack." I've had some creepy guys have a crush on me before, but this would definitely take the prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog Ashley. I am in Rushville, Indiana on a business trip to what must be the original small town America. Good place, though. Anyway, I am staying at a hotel, and I am leaving no towel untouched! You sound good. Keep punching that keyboard. All my best, Roy B. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...