Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

Whoops, you're NOT going out of business

Our local paper had a fuck up so big that the correction went on the FRONT page next to the top headline. When was the last time you remember seeing something like that?

A local columnist who has a quirky name related to her weekly stories about her thriftiness had mentioned that a boutique was donating their clothes to a charity instead of having their annual 75 percent off sale. The article was positive because they knew the money would be used well and the clothes would still be heavily discounted. Apparently, the headline writer did not really read all of the story, because he/she assumed that the clothes were being donated because the store was going out of business. Not the case.

I don't know if the store threatened to sue or pull the big dollars worth of business that they advertise with the paper, but I've never seen so many things done for a "make good." Aside from the front page correction, they also got a front of the local section article. It was really newsworthy too. The article was all about how the boutique was carrying new brands...including Stella McCartney. Lord knows that I'd rather know where to get some great jeans than what happened in yesterday's primaries.

Well, it's Friday and I must go home. I've spent the last hour eyeing my pink beaded necklace because it reminds me of bubblegum and I really want to bite into it. I'm really tired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...