Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mel Gibson, Steroids and Good Excuses

Raise your hand out there if you thought many months ago that there could be something to those claims of anti-Semitism surrounding Mel Gibson.

Okay, put your hand down now. It seems absurd to me how many times we'll go against our instincts and say we're being politically correct. It's not politically correct to call Mel Gibson a Jew-hater because he made a Jesus movie. And we could write off the crazy shit his father was saying because he's a crazy old man.

Political correctness did not give Mel Gibson the benefit of the doubt. The Lethal Weapon movies did. His celebrity was the only reason we wanted to believe better of him. If you saw a drunk friend of yours spewing that "Jews were the reason for all the wars in the world," would you laugh it off or really start to think. That's all I'm saying. Drunks don't lie.

On another note, I can now say that I have heard the absolute best excuse for steriod use ever. Or at least until the next excuse comes out. Jason Gatlin, US Olympian and Gold medal runner, allegedly failed a drug test . Jason Gatlin's camp says his alleged positive drug test comes from a
massage. Yes, a massage. Coaches allege that a masseuse with a grudge against Gatlin rubbed the steriods into him using a laced-lotion.

When I tell Chef this, he looks at me and says "Do you know this isn't true?" And while I can't tell him that I have the proof, I'm going with my instincts on this one and I'm gonna stick to them until proven otherwise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...