Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

"C'mon, man, It's Friday Night"

Chef and I typically sleep with our windows open (at least the bedroom window). We prefer it to be a little chilly and air doesn't circulate that well naturally in our place. (Side note: One thing I appreciated about IU was the roommate move-in survey they made you take in the dorm where one of the questions was: what temperature do you prefer the room to be when you fall asleep?)

Last night I was sound asleep when I heard what sounded like a skateboard running across the sidewalk outside our window. It wouldn't normally be enough to wake me up considering the street outside our window is busy and kinda loud at all time of day and night. So, the sound of what I thought was a skateboard was accompanied by screams of delight. I got out of bed to investigate and found three grown, but drunk, guys taking turns riding an abandoned shopping cart on the sidewalk.

There were a couple of problems with this scenario: 1) They were literally 20 feet or less away from our open window, 2) They were screaming at the top of their lungs, and 3) it was 3:30 a.m.

By the third time they did this, they had woken Chef up and he was also pissed. He walked over to the window and shouted "Hey, guys, shut the fuck up." I was proud of his eloquence and composure at 3:30.

And out of one of the guys mouth's (who was sitting in the shopping cart, by the way) "C'mon, man, it's Friday night" with an Australian accent. Chef replied with "no, it's Saturday morning and I've got to get up in a few hours."

To the guys' credit, they abandoned the cart once again and left with no more noise. They were very clearly drunk, but still even drunk, I would think that yelling 20 feet away from about 50 apartments would not be a good idea.

And a short time later, Chef and I went back to sleep. He was, and remains, my hero. And I'm willing to bet a few of our neighbors were thanking him too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...