Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Going to the Chapel. . .

. . .and we're going to get married. Okay, so that's a lie. Chef and I are getting married. That's not the lie. We're just not doing it at a chapel. More like a courthouse. And who knows when we're actually going to go. Well, we have a vague idea, but not a specific date.

After more than 6 years together, we finally decided it was time to make it officially legal. I wish I could say that it was a big romantic revelation that made us decide we couldn't live without each other, but that would be another lie. At least to say that happened recently. We made the choice to move in together which was a huge revelation, but much like all good things in life, it's not one big choice that tend to be the turning points but the cumulative choices. Chef and I choose to be together every day and I love him for it.

But I digress. We're getting married in the next couple of months because we love each other and because it's time. But because we're us, we've also realized that we want to be married more than we really want a wedding. So, we're getting married this spring, but don't look for a invite to our wedding reception until closer to next spring.

And I have to say that I'm exceptionally thankful for my stepmom, Robin, at all times, but never so much as when she said she'd help organize this. There are a couple reasons this rocks: 1) she's a professional with a lot of experience and can help make the reception awesome, 2) she can relieve me of the dread of having to organize events, as that's not my strong suit and 3) did I mention she's awesome?

So, anyway, the planning and plotting has begun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...