Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well, Good For You

Have you ever met someone and known instantly that they were ultra-competitive? I met someone like that this afternoon. She was a lady older than myself, in the same line of work and new to her current job. It seemed like she was trying really hard to make sure she "beat me" when she introduced herself. At first she would introduce herself after me and make sure she made more small talk. Then she just raced in front of me toward people to introduce herself first.

The funny thing was that I wasn't even "working" the event. We were part of the event with several other non-profits and my representative in charge of that area of our work told me not to bother rousing up the media. We are putting on a similiar event in a month that is purely ours and he wanted to concentrate my efforts on that. Anyway, I give this woman about 16 months before she's beaten down.

On another note, my counter's getting close to the momentous number 5,000! If you are lucky visitor 5,000 on my blog, expect a big shout out and perhaps a prize. So, you must leave me a coment to let me know.

Yes, I'm a dork and I'm proud of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...