Pages

Monday, January 29, 2007

It's my Birthday!

Yes, this is a self-serving email and not because I'm excited, but because I'm having a good day so far. I took the day off of work (although I had a deadline this morning that I had to log onto my email for) for the first time in my tenure as a "professional." Mostly because my last two birthdays were on weekend days.

Anyway, I got up this morning at around 9 a.m., went for a long walk and then walked to the post office to pick up a package. At the post office, I saw Todd Snider, a great musician that I love. Even in my poof ball hat and sweats (I look oh so lovely but oh so warm when I walk), I went up to him and said hello. He was very nice and it wasn't a disappointment meeting him, as it is when you sometimes meet people you admire.

Now I'm back at the house and finishing up the work that was due. Actually, I just sent off my last email and I'm waiting to make sure there aren't any snafus before I get ready for the rest of my day. Chef and I are heading out to a huge mall here to do some birthday shopping and then a birthday lunch/dinner. And because I'm a big geek, my birthday shopping will include a bookstore visit that I'm totally excited about.

I'm also excited because last night I hit the 100 page mark on my novel. True to my goals, I have written more than 28,000 words and 100 pages this month. With three days left, I have time to get to my 30,000 word goal for January. It's been wonderful so far and I'm really excited to keep going. I'll give an official end of the month review of how my 2007 goals are going in a few days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...