Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

Less than 2 weeks until my 2nd Blogiversary

Only thirteen more days until this humble and somewhat lowly blog is two years old. Not to sound too proud of myself, but I honestly didn't think I'd last more than a few days until I got bored with it. So, yes, I blog less and they're less interesting, but at least I'm still doing it. And I'm averaging more than 7 visitors a day. Yes, I know it's no google or perezhilton, but I also just write about nothing. Mark your calendars and treat yourself to something nice on January 18th, my second blogiversary.

On another note, I've got to break down and buy a scale. I've tried using the scale in our office bathroom, but it's an old one that uses the sliding weights and makes you feel even shittier as you have to push it up one more notch. And that stupid level arrow makes the most humiliating "DINK" as it clangs on the bottom. In scale words, "DINK" translates into "You didn't really think you weighed that little, did you?".

Nonetheless I'm still walking every day. And yes, I'm probably going to write about it because I also planning on writing about when I don't walk. I'm holding myself accountable to you all. I've also written my 1,000 words a day--not including this. It's really been a great experience so far to struggle and realize that there's no formula to writing. I can write the middle of the story now and go back to the beginning later, if I want to. A part of me has always been holding to the writing chronologically philosophy. It's very freeing.

On another note, I will be inconsolable this weekend if the Colts lose in the playoffs to the Chiefs. Last year's Pittsburgh game pushed so much adrenaline through me and had so many ups and downs that I didn't go to sleep until 4 a.m. that night. This year, I'm just hoping for a good, old fashioned ass whipping by the Colts. I have a feeling, however, that it's not going to be that easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blogiversary and your birthday so close together- Chef's going to have to make you one special dinner.

Hoosier Chick said...

That game was so exciting to see! I was happy all day Saturday. My theory is the Colts D has played possum all season.

I'm actually taking the day off for my birthday and Chef and I are going to be together. What are you doing for your birthday, presh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...