Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Update

It's officially the end of January and tomorrow will make the first five weeks of working towards the goals I set out for 2007. I am determined to exercise more, drop 60 lbs by blood, sweat and lots of tears, and write 1000 words a day in January.

I promised to be pretty open about how things are going. Which will be easy when I'm doing well, and not so easy when I'm gorging myself on oreos. Nonetheless, January has been a pretty good month for me. I feel great, which is the most important part.

So how am I doing on my specific goals? Check it out:
  1. Write 1,000 words a day in January for a total of 30,000 words. Right now I'm up to 29,340 with plans and time set aside to write tonight and go over my goal. I've written 109 pages for a novel that I am actually going to finish. Not only that, I'm going to continue writing every day and have a goal of 15,000 words for February.
  2. Lost 60 lbs. Every morning this month I've gotten up and walked for at least 20 minutes. If I had an early meeting, I'd go after work. Sometimes I'd walk before and after work. I've walked to the grocery store up the way to get an item or two that I've forgotten. Mostly, I've just walked to zone out. I have to say that I've walked before many times. Usually walking at night and three times a week, but this time, I'm on a mission to do it every day. This is getting harder because its cold as balls here, but I'm still doing it. Other than walking, Chef has made me promise to eat breakfast every morning. So now no matter how late I am for work, I eat a bowl of cereal. I've got it down to two minutes. I can spare two minutes to not feel absolutely ravenous by 9:30 every morning. The combination of the walking and eating breakfast has helped me a lot and so far in the last 5 weeks, I've offically lost 8 pounds. I just went and weighed myself (yes, at work--we have an old doctor's scale in one of the bathrooms). Eight pounds in 5 weeks is healthy, so I'm happy about it. Hopefully with another couple of weeks, I'll crack the ten pound mark.
  3. Work towards being happy at my career. I've done something every week to help myself with this and so far I'm seeing some of the fruits of my labor. If that turns into anything larger, I'll be really happy. But for now being proactive is enough.

So that's where I'm at after January. Eight pounds lighter, walking more, feeling better, more than 100 pages written and new opportunities popping up. Not too bad a start for 2007. Now comes the tough part: keeping the momentum going.

Speaking of momentum, the weeklong festivites leading up to the Superbowl are killing me. Mostly because I can't wait for the game for the first time in years. Only four more days. . .Go Colts.

1 comment:

Hoosier Chick said...

Not until it's in at least its second draft. The first draft is shitty, as its supposed to be. Final word count for January: 31,207 words (115 pages)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...