Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

My Day Off (Sort of)

Today I took the day off. Chef's spring break is this week and since he works weekends and we haven't had a day off together since my birthday, I cut out.

It wasn't that hard of a decision to cut out. I'm getting to the point of work being unbearable. We are once again without leadership in my particular office. Clients are upset and I've been getting phone calls about every other day with their grievances...literally. It's like Festivus and I'm hearing all the issues they have with us people.

Aside from that, my department seems to be in turmoil. We've had a lot of changes and it seems as if things will continue to get worse before they get better. There has always been at least one stable chain of command and now there seems to be none. No matter how many hours of walking I do a week, I can't seem to relax.

But today was better. Mostly because even if I had to check my email all day, I still wasn't actually in the office. Chef and I were lazy. Actually, not that lazy. We were out of bed at about 8 this morning. One of the things I wanted to get done this weekend was to install my new satellite radio receiver in my car. Chef graciously helped me do it so that I could run the wires from the antenna, which sits about 6 inches from the exact middle of the back windshield, to the middle of my front dash. His patience and diligence allow me to have the radio in my car with minimum wires showing. Honestly, it was one of those moments where you look at someone and are grateful for having them in your life not only for their company, but for their expertise.

Now I'm ready for the NCAA tournament.

My dad sent me money for my birthday and while normally extra money is put into our savings account or used on tuition, this time the money came after my tax return money. So, we've got savings and I've got an excuse to spend some dough on myself. Thanks, Dad and Robin!

Anyway, I've been eying satellite radio forever. Mostly because I live about 3 hours from even getting my teams on the TV feeds. So I chose Sirius. I can get my NFL team in the Fall and every game of the NCAA tournament. I even used a gift certificate to splurge on the boombox accessory. Now I'm jamming to my new two favorite stations: Big 80's and Hair Nation. Good times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...