Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Today I went A Courting

I had never been to traffic court or anything like that. The first time I was in a court room, I was called to be a witness to a check writing fraud scheme that had been caught. I'd been called as a cashier who took a check. . .two years before the court case. Luckily, I was never called to testify that day.

Today, I was not so lucky. Back in August, I was helping a delivery guy into our office when I noticed a dark green mini van trying to turn around in our narrow parking lot. It didn't do a very good job and ended up hitting one of our co-workers cars. I was standing less than 20 feet away and was so dumbfounded that the van didn't stop that I memorized the license plate number and then immediately wrote it down and then told my co-worker.

Apparently, the department of safety frowns heavily upon the hit and runs, so they were suspending the driver's license. Aside from the fact that she never paid our friend's deductible, etc.

So, we had to go to a hearing this morning to testify upon what we saw months ago. It was nerve-racking. The lady was indignant and claimed that she wasn't even in the area on that day. At first I felt sorry for her and wondered if it was her, but the longer she talked the more bullshit she spewed. Then it was basically the fact that her word was directly challenging my word and I knew that I was right. I mean, I didn't just come up with a license plate number that happened to match a green mini-van that just happened to be her car. By the end of the hearing, I was indignant. The person residing was allowed to deliver her decision by mail in the next 30 days. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...