Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Proud to Lose

Can you be proud of a team that loses in the NCAA tournament? I think you can. I'm proud because my beloved Hoosiers looked less like the teams of old and more like a team that has potential. They not only exceeded expectations this year, but when down by double digits with only 4 minutes left tonight against UCLA, they didn't give up. They actually believed they could win and with a minute left tied the score. Yes, it didn't end up a Hoosier victory, but the teams of old would have given up a lot earlier and made an embarrassingly lopsided exit from the tournament.

As you can tell, I've been sitting on my couch and watching basketball most of the day. Okay, all of the day. But, hell, its March. That's what I'm supposed to be doing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...